1. What to Expect
Before your first visit you will be asked to fill out a pain history and a detailed medical and dental history. These forms can be found under Patient Forms in the Patient Resources section of the webpage.
The first visit will be a detailed examination in a treatment room by Dr. Stafford. This examination usually takes about 1hr. Dr. Stafford will examine your teeth and bite, perform a muscle evaluation of the muscles of the head and neck, examine jaw movements, and evaluate posture.
After the exam, we will talk about what we believe your diagnosis is, and schedule any further tests and appointments.
2. How to Prepare
- Gather all pertinent medical history information such as past treatment that was sought for your condition, history of your condition, and medications taken for your condition.
- Please bring in any Medical and Dental insurance information.
- Do not take any muscle relaxers, pain medication, or over the counter medications such as Tylenol or Ibuprofen the day of your visit.
- Make sure you allow enough time to get to your appointment a few minutes early.
3. What to Bring
- Medication List
- Medical and Dental Insurance cards
- Any family members that will help you to make decisions on treatment